Title: Business Development and Relationship Manager
Reports to: President
Status: Full Time
White Pine Investment Company was founded in 1997 as a registered investment advisor to offer clients investment management and planning in a cost-effective structure without conflicts of interest. The goal for the firm has been to treat clients the way we would like to be treated.
We have long relationships with clients, many spanning more than 35 years from prior financial firms. We spend a great deal of time and effort getting to know our clients’ hopes and dreams, as well as their families. This is an important step in developing a financial plan for them that is realistic, successful, and able to withstand the pressures that come with investing in capital markets.
The position of the Business Development and Relationship Manager will require skills that are necessary to bring new clients to the firm, develop strong client relationships, collaboratively problem solve and service clients as part of a team. The successful candidate will be highly energetic and self-motivated with excellent people skills. He or she will be able to articulate White Pine’s investment strategy to current and prospective clients.
Each employee of White Pine is paid a competitive salary and encouraged to think as an owner, not just an employee. This position will lead to ownership shares within a reasonable timeframe if mutually desirable. We realize that each employee of White Pine has a life outside of work. Our attitudes and policies allow each member of our team to respond to their family’s dynamic needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Business Development and Relationship Manager responsibilities include:
- Network with centers of influence within the community including estate planning attorneys, tax accountants, executive directors for charitable organizations, etc. to grow the business
- Train others the art of building a network and bringing in assets
- Maintain regular client contact and develop new client relationships
- Understand clients’ needs, goals, family structure, risk tolerance, legacy goals, etc. to develop a detailed financial plan and investment policy statement in coordination with the Chief Investment Officer
- Articulate White Pine’s investment strategy
- Treat others in a respectful and kind manner
To be successful in this position, we believe the following are necessary:
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience with demonstrated results in business development and sales, ideally with a book of business in the $20mm to $80mm range with some ability to transfer these assets to White Pine
- Ability to listen well, care about others, creatively solve problems, and use a client centered approach
- Networking, business development, marketing and sales skills
- Bachelor’s degree is required. CFA or CFP is desirable
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with investment management and customer relationship software a plus (i.e. Tamarac Advisor View, MoneyGuide Pro, etc.)
Salary and Benefits
All salaries at White Pine are competitive with industry standards and commensurate with relevant work experience and the growth of the firm as either a direct or indirect result of the employee’s efforts. Discretionary bonuses will be based on performance and success in bringing in new clients. Medical insurance, a matching defined SIMPLE contribution plan, and a flexible, family-friendly work environment are benefits of working at White Pine.